The following rules must be followed at all times:
1. No Hacking - This should go without saying, but you are not permitted to hack the site, game servers, or network. Guessing someone else's password and succeeding counts as hacking. Members who hack will instantly be permanently banned without any warnings.
2. No Bullying or Flaming - Do not pick on other members. It causes the thread to go off topic, and most importantly, it hurts the person being bullied or flamed. The victim may defend themselves against any accusations made to them, but may not make any additional accusations to the bully or flamer (which also counts as flaming).
3. No Advertising or Spamming - You are not permitted to make money using the UA site. You are not allowed to use the member list to obtain Instant Messaging screen names or E-mails to harass people to purchase a product from you. Spamming is also not allowed, and is defined as a post that has no meaning, this includes advertisements.
4. No Illegal Activity or Proxy use - You are not allowed to break any United States laws using the UA site. This can get UA into legal trouble as well as you. Including, but not limited to links or attachments of copyrighted material, child pornography, or anything else deemed illegal under US law. With that said you are not allowed to use a proxy to access the site under any circumstances. If a proxy is detected you will not be able to access the site and receive an error message.
5. No Posting of Personal Information - You may not post your name or street address on UA, this also includes other member’s information as well. This is because the information then becomes accessible to anyone. If you must give someone your information please do so in a private message, at your own risk.
6. Multiple Accounts Are Not Permitted - If you forget your password, use the password recovery tool, in which case you will be able to reset your password, given that you have access to the e-mail associated with your account. If you are still unable to login, contact a staff member. All duplicate accounts will be banned.
The following are a set of UA amendments to clarify the rules for those people who wish to nitpick:
Amendment 1 - There are no excuses for breaking the rules. It doesn't matter if you were angry at the time and weren't thinking straight. It doesn't matter if you were only kidding around. If you break a rule, it does the same damage, regardless of your reasons for breaking it, and you will be punished all the same.
Amendment 2 - Staff abuse will not be tolerated. As a staff member, your job is to help the people, not harm them. You may only use your powers for the purposes that they have been given to you for. There is no limit on how much you may be punished for this severe offense as this must be stopped at all costs to protect the people. This means that if you abuse your powers, there is a good chance you will lose your powers and/or be banned.
Amendment 3 - Harassing the staff members about punishments is not allowed. The staff is only trying to do their job, and many times they have to make difficult decisions. You may post your opinion in the thread that announces the punishment, so long as you do not flame anyone. If this thread gets out of hand, it will be closed, and you may not complain elsewhere on the board, or by other means including, but not limited to: private messages, instant messaging programs, email, telephone calls, and house visits. You also may not make threats against staff or any other member for that matter.
Amendment 4 - If you break more than one rule within a 3 month period, the infractions will stack up for a maximum of 10 points and will result in a temporary ban or permanent ban based on your history.
If you break one of these rules, the following penalties will apply (first time, second time, third time...) with the exception of breaking the rule "No Hacking" which immediately results in a permanent ban:
Warning - Depending on how serious a violation is, you may be issued a warning first.
Infractions - People who cause more problems after being warned will receive infractions based on the offense, this can be anywhere between 1 and 3 points.
Temporary ban – People who receive 10 or more infraction points within a 3 month period will we banned for a month.
Permanent ban - At this point, it is obvious that you will never learn your lesson, thus, a permanent ban is necessary to be rid of the problems you cause. This includes hacking and if you receive 3 or more temporary bans within a 1 year period.
These rules may change at any time without notice.